through the lenses of Issues in Publishing and Designing

Monday, June 15, 2009

Epilogue

CREATING and maintaining this web blog with a range of posts had drawn my attention to various perspectives. The design features of this web blog were carefully planned before placement. Texts and visuals were properly positioned in sequence so that readers will be able to view them in the best order to the use of the document (Reep 2006). As deemed by Kress and van Leeuwen (1998), the arrangement and visual appearance of writing helps contribute to meaning. For example, images (with captions) were posted after elaborating on certain issues to provide the extra effect on meaning-making. Therefore, in every post, I tried to apply and practice theories suggested by various theorists.

On top of that, throughout this assignment, my writing skills had improved. This is because, before writing and composing the post, I need to read and analyze the issues given before conveying my stance. In the whilst of transmitting my point of view, I need to understand what I am writing, why I am writing, and what my readers hope to find before concluding the entire post (Putnis and Petelin 1996).

Conclusively, this assignment had imparted me with knowledge which I am unable to sum up effectively with words. All of the information, theories and practices gained through this assignment would be praised in the future.

Till then, it had been a pleasure learning this subject,
and to be a part of this course. :)

Source: Google.com


References:

1. Kress, G & van Leeuwen, T 2006, 'Chapter 6: the meaning of composition', in Reading Images: The Grammar of Visual Design, 2nd edn, Routledge, New York, p. 175-214.

2. Putnis, P & Petelin, R 1996, 'Chapter 7: writing to communicate', in Professional Communications: Principles and Applications, Prentice Hall, Sydney, p.223-263.

3. Reep, DC 2006, 'Chapter 4:Principles of document design', in Technical Writing, 6th edn, Pearson Edu Inc, New York, p.173-190.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home